In this introductory blog post you will provide answers in English to the questions below. This blog post will help me understand your goals as a student and consequently shape my goals as your instructor. Please copy the questions below and paste them into a new post on your blogger account. Answer each question and then post the finished product to your blog.
1. What is your native language?
My native language is portuguese.
2. How many years have you been studying English?
I have been studying English for eleven years.
3. What is the purpose of your English studies? What would you like to do with your English skills when you graduate?
My purpose is to improve my English so I can live and work as a professor in Australia when I graduate.
4. What areas of English-speaking cultures interest you? What would you like to learn about in regard to English-speaking cultures?
I am interested in music and I would like to learn more about songs with a social content.
5. Have you ever traveled to an English-speaking country? If so which one?
No, I have never traveled to an English-speaking country.
6. Do you plan on traveling to an English-speaking country in the future? If so which one?
Yes, I plan on traveling to Australia in the future.
7. Are you involved in any English-speaking communities locally or virtually (online)?
No, I am not.
8. What language skill do you feel is most difficult for you in English? Listening, Speaking, Reading, or Writing?
I feel speaking is the most difficult skill for me in English.
9. Is there a certain grammatical function (tense, part of speech) that you have difficulty with?
I have difficulty with when to use the Past Simple or the Present Perfect.
10. Do you like to read in English? If so what do you read? Do you have any reading suggestions for our class?
I like to read in English and I often read articles about the human consciousness and motivational quotes.
11. Do you like to watch films or television shows in English? If so what do you watch?
I like to watch films and television shows in English. My favourite film - which is a documentary actually - is "I Am" by Tom Shadyac and my favourite television shows are "Modern Family", "Prison Break" and "Game of Thrones".
12. How much time are you willing to dedicate to this class a week?
I am willing to dedicate an hour a day to this class.
14. How will you know this course has been a success for you? How motivated are you to achieve your goal?
I will know this course has been a success for me when I feel more confident speaking English than I am today. I am truly motivated to achieve my goal, because I want to be able to speak English without hesitate.
14. How can you help your classmates learn?
I can help my classmates overcoming my doubts with the professor's help in class.
15. How can your instructor best help you learn?
My instructor can best help me learn correcting my flaws and giving me examples on how to use the correct way of speaking and writing.
My native language is portuguese.
2. How many years have you been studying English?
I have been studying English for eleven years.
3. What is the purpose of your English studies? What would you like to do with your English skills when you graduate?
My purpose is to improve my English so I can live and work as a professor in Australia when I graduate.
4. What areas of English-speaking cultures interest you? What would you like to learn about in regard to English-speaking cultures?
I am interested in music and I would like to learn more about songs with a social content.
5. Have you ever traveled to an English-speaking country? If so which one?
No, I have never traveled to an English-speaking country.
6. Do you plan on traveling to an English-speaking country in the future? If so which one?
Yes, I plan on traveling to Australia in the future.
7. Are you involved in any English-speaking communities locally or virtually (online)?
No, I am not.
8. What language skill do you feel is most difficult for you in English? Listening, Speaking, Reading, or Writing?
I feel speaking is the most difficult skill for me in English.
9. Is there a certain grammatical function (tense, part of speech) that you have difficulty with?
I have difficulty with when to use the Past Simple or the Present Perfect.
10. Do you like to read in English? If so what do you read? Do you have any reading suggestions for our class?
I like to read in English and I often read articles about the human consciousness and motivational quotes.
11. Do you like to watch films or television shows in English? If so what do you watch?
I like to watch films and television shows in English. My favourite film - which is a documentary actually - is "I Am" by Tom Shadyac and my favourite television shows are "Modern Family", "Prison Break" and "Game of Thrones".
12. How much time are you willing to dedicate to this class a week?
I am willing to dedicate an hour a day to this class.
14. How will you know this course has been a success for you? How motivated are you to achieve your goal?
I will know this course has been a success for me when I feel more confident speaking English than I am today. I am truly motivated to achieve my goal, because I want to be able to speak English without hesitate.
14. How can you help your classmates learn?
I can help my classmates overcoming my doubts with the professor's help in class.
15. How can your instructor best help you learn?
My instructor can best help me learn correcting my flaws and giving me examples on how to use the correct way of speaking and writing.
Stephanie,
ReplyDeleteI admire that you would like to be a professor someday and hope you achieve your goal! I hear Australia is a beautiful place and I hope to visit the country some day. I'm sure you know that articles about complex topics such as human consciousness possess a lot of academic and scientific terms so I think that is an excellent way to augment your vocabulary.